- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups broth (veggie or chicken), plus water if needed
- 1-3 tablespoons mild Jamaican curry powder (or your favorite Indian curry powder or Thai curry paste)
- Up to 5 bunches/heads of greens, washed and chopped. Bethany used spinach and kale, plus spicy baby mix from the CSA share
- Washed and chopped root vegetables, such as hakurei turnips, radishes, or carrots.
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sautee the onions until translucent, then add the garlic and root vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, curry powder, and broth. Add the washed, chopped greens, a little at a time. As the greens in the pot wilt, add more greens, and water to cover as needed. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and any other seasonings, to taste.