From Smitten Kitchen
Made by Tara R for the 2014 CSA Member Appreciation Potluck
- 1 stick (1/2 cup or 4 oz) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Make brownie batter: Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Heat butter and chocolate in a 3 quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined. Whisk in flour until just combined and spread in baking pan.
- Make cheesecake batter: Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cheesecake/brownie batter swirl.
- Bake brownies: Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.