Recipe by Bethany
- 3 large zucchini (or substitute kousa or summer squash)
- 3 garlic scapes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable stock
- fresh dill or basil, to taste
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- lemon juice and/or zest, to taste (optional)
In a large stockpot, heat butter or olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic scapes, onion, and carrots until onions are translucent. Add zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken stock, potatoes, and salt and white pepper to taste. Cook until potatoes are tender. Puree using an immersion blender until smooth (or allow the soup to cool slightly, and puree in batches in a blender). Adjust seasonings and add fresh herbs to taste, and lemon juice/zest (if using). Serve hot or chilled.