Recipe provided by food.com
- 2 lbs collard greens
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika (optional)
- hot sauce (optional) or red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Wash greens well, submerging in a sink full of cold water to remove any dirt and grit. Drain well. Cut off the stems right where the leaf starts. Stack about 5-8 leaves on top of eachother, then roll lengthwise. Cut rolled up leaves into 1″ slices widthwise. Repeat until all the greens are done, and add to a large pot.
2. Add all other ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes or until greens are extremely tender. Serve hot, using a slotted spoon to drain the liquid from the greens.