Submitted by Damema Spragens from Lawrence
- 1 ripe medium tomato
- 4-5 ripe nectarines
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion
- 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the tomato, nectarines, onion into small pieces and place in bowl. Add the lemon and lime juice. Stir and let sit while you chop up the other ingredients
- Chip up the jalapeno and cilantro into fine pieces. Add to the other ingredients in the bowl and mix well with a spoon. Be careful with the jalapeno. I always use a separate chopping board and immediately wash my hands.
- Add the salt and pepper. Mix well and taste.
Note: I chop and mix by hand because I like the consistency of the salsa when prepared in this manner. You could prepare this in a Cuisinart.