- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup turbinado or light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 inch unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly oil the foil.
- Arrange pumpkin halves onto the prepared baking sheet, cut sides down.
- Bake in preheated oven until flesh is tender throughout, about 40 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Increase oven heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Scrape pumpkin flesh into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, demerara or brown sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; beat until smooth. Pour the pumpkin mixture into pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.