Recipe courtesy of Bethany, CSA Manager
(makes a very large mixing bowl’s worth – make up a batch for several days of lunches, or bring to a potluck!)
* 1 16-ounce package Tinkyada brand brown rice spiral pasta (Tinkyada has the best texture after refrigerating, but you can use another brand if you are going to eat the salad right away).
* 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (or a small package of frozen peas, thawed)
* 1-2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 small or medium onion, minced
* 1 bunch basil, dill, or cilantro, coarsely chopped
* 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
* 1/4 – 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 cup olive oil (or more, to taste)
* 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or more, to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Add pasta to the mixing bowl and toss to combine all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.