Kohlrabi with Peas and Potato
from Simply in Season
Made by Julie J for the 2014 CSA Member Appreciation Potluck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup kohlrabi, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- Kohlrabi leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup peas
- In a large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil about 3-4 minutes. Add spices and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add kohlrabi, potatoes, tomato, water, salt and sugar; bring to a boil then simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add kohlrabi leaves and simmer 8-10 minutes
- Stir in peas and cook until done. Serve over rice.