- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Mix in oil, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla. Stir in zucchini.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, lemon zest, walnuts and candied ginger. Stir into egg mixture. Divide into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in top comes out clean.