from Bon Appetit
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 3 – 3 1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add squash, saute 1 minute. Add broth, syrup, thyme, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Remove squash from skillet with a slotted spoon. Boil liquid in skillet until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Return squash to skillet. Cook until tender, turning occasionally, 3-4 minutes. Season with more pepper if desired.