Marcia’s (Farmer Dave’s Mother) Spring Greens Soup
This is a delicious and simple way to use up some of your potatoes and greens on a rainy spring day.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 12oz potatoes, cut up
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced & sauteed in butter
- 6 cups fresh greens
- 2 cups parsley
- Saute onion in soup pot.
- Add broth and potatoes and simmer, covered for about 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the onion-potato mixture until smooth. (Or allow to cool slightly and carefully transfer to a blender in batches)
- Add greens and parsley, simmer until tender.
- Blend again until desired consistency.
- Add sauteed mushrooms and salt & pepper to taste.