Moist Chocolate Cake
Made by Stephanie H. for the 2014 CSA Member Appreciation Potluck
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking sode
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup very strong hot coffee/espresso
- Mix dry ingredients
- Beat all wet ingredients except the coffee
- Beat in coffee. Batter will be very liquid.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan(s) or cupcake papers.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Start checking after 1/2 hour for cake, 20 minutes for cupcakes. Ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from cake pan. Pairs well with coffee- or orange flavored buttercream frosting, or with raspberry jam.