From Better Homes and Gardens
Prep: 25 minutes Cook: 10 hours in a slow-cooker on low; 5 hours on high.
- 1 lb. turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes, or an equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, or more to reach desired consistency
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, shredded (1 cup)
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine turkey, undrained tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, squash, onion, the 1/2 cup chicken broth, corn, cranberries, jalapeño pepper, chili powder, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. If desired, stir in additional broth to reach desired consistency. Stir in spinach just before serving. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Makes 6 servings. Enjoy!