Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from She Knows
- 16 ounces small pasta
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 large fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 6 dried figs, chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, boil water for the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, add 1-3 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion in the oil.
- When the garlic turns golden, mix in diced eggplant. Cook until the eggplant turns brown. Add extra olive oil if needed.
- Transfer eggplant to a bowl and set aside.
- Saute tomatoes in the same saucepan for about 4 minutes. Add olives, capers, and figs. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Return eggplant to pan. Season with dried oregano, salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon and go from there), and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.