Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from Epicurious.com
This recipe is simple to throw together and has been a favorite at potlucks and parties. Perfectly light for Easter to combat the sugar overload! -Ginger
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups packed spinach, elegance mix, spicy mix, tatsoi or arugula
- 2 15oz cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups cucumbers, cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika (the original recipe calls for smoked paprika)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Chill until cool.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, mint and feta. Add cooled quinoa and toss gently to blend.
- Whisk vinegar and paprika in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.