From Cooking With Amy
Makes 4 servings as a side dish or 2 entree servings.
- 2 poblano peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white or red quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 cups swiss chard leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes, crushed and liquid
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine water and quinoa in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
2. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic, stirring frequently for 8 minutes or onion is tender. Stir in chard and let it wilt. Add cooked quinoa and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into peppers.
3. Add the tomatoes and liquid to a baking pan large enough to hold the peppers. Tuck the peppers into the sauce and bake for about 30 minutes.