- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 7 medium-large beets (about 3 inches in diameter)
- 1 bag spicy baby mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained capers
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk oil, vinegar and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season dressing generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange beets in single layer in 13x9x2-inch baking dish; add 1 cup water. Cover; bake until beets are tender when pierced with knife, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Peel beets while warm. Cut beets in half and slice thinly. Transfer to large bowl. Mix in capers and 1/4 cup dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer greens, with some water still clinging to leaves, to large pot. Stir over high heat until just wilted but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Drain greens; squeeze out excess moisture. Cool; chop coarsely.
- Transfer greens to medium bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Arrange beets in center of platter. Surround with greens; sprinkle with feta. Drizzle with any remaining dressing.
Don't Miss a BEET! All the latest news, sales, contests, inside looks at life on the farm, and more!: http://www.farmerdaves.net/sign-up