- 1 Small Pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch arugula, torn
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil; set aside. In large bowl combine pumpkin chunks, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Spread in the prepared baking pan. Roast about 35 minutes until pumpkin is tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile arrange arugula on serving platter or bowl. Top with cooled pumpkin, pumpkin seeds and cherries.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle evenly over the salad. Toss gently to mix.