From Farmer Dave’s CSA Manager, Bethany
This recipe is very flexible and great with whatever root vegetables or combination thereof that you have hanging around!
- Watermelon radishes, thinly sliced (using a mandolin or a knife) – You can also use beets, radishes, kohlrabi, carrots, or any other hard non-starchy) root vegetable
- Chopped fresh herbs, to taste (I used cilantro)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or chopped garlic scapes, when we get to June)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 – 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Whisk together honey, salt and vinegar in a bowl
- Add vegetables, herbs and garlic. Toss to coat. Adjust seasoning to taste. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Can be stored in the fridge at least a week, probably. Great for eating on it’s own, or topping salads, burgers or sandwiches, burritos, wraps, etc.