A caramel-sweet nutty savory side dish, great inside a sandwich, or on top of cooked fish! The intensity of the garlic mellows after cooking into a comforting yum! If you want you can cut the scapes into pieces, or cook whole enjoying the Suess-ical shapes…
- 8 garlic scapes
- Toasted sesame oil
- Small piece of unsalted butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat skillet, add sesame oil to lightly cover bottom of pan.
- Add garlic scapes, then butter. Saute on medium heat till tender and caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.