Adapted by Ginger from Epicurious.comThis recipe is another very flexible recipe. Use any combination of greens and vegetables that you have. Great with the quickles from last week’s newsletter!
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces small carrots, watermelon radishes, beets, or kohlrabi, shaved on a mandoline (about 2 cups)
Salad and assembly:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups mixed tender greens (try a combination of all of the greens. Elegance mix, tatsoi, and bok choy hold up well against the dressing.)
- 1/4 cup tender herb leaves and blossoms (such as tarragon, mint or nasturtium)
For pickled vegetables:
- Bring vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add vegetables; let sit until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain
For salad and assembly:
- Whisk oil, lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl; season vinaigrette with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Toss vinaigrette, greens, and herbs in a large bowl. Add pickled vegetables to salad; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.