From Clean Food, by Terry Walters
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 bunch garlic scapes!), minced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook penne according to directions on package. Rinse, drain, and return to pot. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
Meanwhile, in large pot over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until soft (about 3 minutes). Add artichokes, olives, fennel and arugula. Saute until heated through (about 5 minutes). Add tomatoes and saute another 2 minutes. Add parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve over pasta.