- 3/4 pound green and/or wax beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
Bring a large saucepan two-thirds full of salted water to a boil
over high heat. Add beans and simmer 5 minutes, or until
crisp-tender. Drain beans.
In a large skillet heat butter and oil over moderate heat until
foam subsides and cook walnuts, stirring occasionally, until
golden. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in beans,
parsley, lemon juice, zest, and salt to taste and heat through.