from Kalyn’s Kitchen
• 3 T olive oil
• 2 T red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp. lemon zest (zest the lemon first and then squeeze the juice)
• 1 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
• 3/4 tsp. salt (I used sea salt)
• 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
• 12 oz. fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
• 2 green onions, cut on the diagonal into thin slices
• 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
Whisk together the dressing ingredients so the flavors can combine while you prep the other ingredients. Trim ends of beans and cut into bite-sized pieces, washing if needed. Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt, then add beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until barely tender-crisp. (Taste a bean to be sure.) While beans cook, cut cherry tomatoes in half and slice green onions in thin diagonal slices.
When beans are tender-crisp, drain into a colander placed in the sink, then rinse beans with cold water until they are cool. Drain beans again, then put them between a double layer of paper or cloth towels and blot dry. (Don’t skip this step or the salad will be watery.)
Combine beans, tomatoes, and green onions in a salad bowl, then toss with the tangy dressing, stirring until the vegetables are well-coated with dressing. Add crumbled Feta and stir just to combine. Serve immediately. Makes about 6 servings, enjoy!