From The Gracious Bowl
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 medium red onions (or 1 large), finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 1 lb arugula, rinsed well with stems removed
- 1/2 c cream
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat. Add red onions, celery, and garlic. Simmer until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes
2. Add vegetable stock and arugula leaves. Bring pot to a boil, partially cover, and heat until arugula is wilted, about 10 minutes.
3. Add cream. Puree soup to desired consistency using an immersion blender or do so in batches with a food processor and then pour it back into the stockpot. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Optional: Serve garnished with a little arugula leaf, a sprinkle of goat cheese, or some pancetta. Serves 2-4.