Recipe provided by CSA member Juhee Kim, from Martha Stewart.com
- 3 bags (6 ounces each) red radishes (about 45), ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Cut large radishes in half; leave small ones whole. In a 12-inch skillet, combine radishes, butter, sugar, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 cups water.
Bring to a boil over high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has reduced and radishes are tender and glazed, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.
Juhee´s notes on this particular recipe:
- Any vinegar is great: apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, up to you!
- I cut butter and vinegar to half amount
- Instead of sugar, agave nectar or maple syrup works very well and adds another flavor
- I tossed in kohlrabi in as well but radishes were the best