From Cooking Light
- 1 2/3 cups cubed peeled sweet potato, (about 8 ounces)
- 1 2/3 cups cubed peeled parsnip (about 8 ounces)
- 1 2/3 cups cubed peeled carrot (about 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped pancetta
- 1 cup chopped shallots (about 6 large)
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups dried lentils
- 6 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 8 cups Swiss chard, trimmed and chopped (about 9 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, 2 tablespoons vinegar, oil, and salt in a large bowl; toss well. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a large foil-lined jelly-roll pan; bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Cook pancetta in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add shallots and onion to drippings in pan; cook 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, thyme, garlic, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add pancetta, lentils, and 4 cups broth to pan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add remaining 2 cups broth and roasted vegetables to pan, and simmer 15 minutes, uncovered. Add chard, and cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Enjoy!