From Gourmet Magazine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled; halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
In a skillet, combine the water, parsnips, carrots, and salt to taste. Simmer the vegetables for 15 minutes, or until they are just tender, and stir in the orange juice. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, and transfer the vegetables with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Boil the liquid until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the zest and the butter, stirring until the butter is melted. Spoon the sauce over the vegetables.