from Susan in Dracut
- 4 c shredded veggies (zucchini, kohlrabi, turnip)
- 1 shredded beet (this is not optional)
- 4 c shredded greens (collard greens, kale, turnip, or beet)
- 1 c cooked pinto beans
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 T finely chopped basil
- 3/4 c quinoa flakes (or breadcrumbs if gluten isn’t a concern)
- 1/2 tea fennel or dill leaf
- Saute vegetables with shredded greens. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 clove garlic.
- In bowl mix 1 c cooked pinto beans, 1 c cooked rice, 1 tblsp finely chopped fresh basil (cilantro would work too) 3/4 cup quinoa flakes (substitute bread crumbs if you prefer) 1/2 tsp fennel or dill leaf. Add cooked veggies and mix.
- Form into 6 patties and bake on oiled cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.