- 8 oz Celeriac, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups very ripe pears, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan cook celery root, covered, in boiling lightly salted water for 5 minutes. Add potatoes. Cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until tender; drain. Return potato mixture to saucepan.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine pears, whipping cream, and butter. Bring to boiling. (If pears are firm, simmer in whipping cream for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender enough to mash.) Remove from heat.
Mash potato mixture with a potato masher or an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mash pear mixture with a potato masher or a fork until smooth. Stir pear mixture into potato mixture just until combined. Sprinkle with parsley.