Ginger’s Go-To Broccoli Rabe
Similar to a caesar salad. The anchovy paste balances out the bitterness of the broccoli rabe.
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe, stems removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Add broccoli rabe to a pot of boiling water. After 3-4 minutes drain and set to the side.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy saute pan. Add onion and saute until onions are clear. Add a 1-2 inch ribbon of anchovy paste and garlic to pan and saute for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add drained broccoli rabe and saute until tender and wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan until incorporated.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with more freshly grated parmesan and fresh black pepper.