Conchiglie Pasta with Walnut Sage Pesto
member submitted at the 2011 Potluck Dinner
- 2 1/2 cups (1/2 inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked pasta (about 6 ounces uncooked)
- 4 cups torn arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat squash with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool squash slightly.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides. With processor on, slowly pour broth through food chute, processing until well blended.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, squash, pasta, and pesto in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Add arugula, shallots and pepper; toss to combine. Serve immediately.