Fresh Broccoli Salad
Submitted by a CSA member at the 2011 potluck dinner
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup walnuts
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Before serving, toss salad with crumbled bacon and walnuts.