Fresh Tomatillo Salsa
Submitted by Chris in Tewksbury, from “Everyday Mexican” by Rick Bayless
- 4 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- Hot green chilies to taste (He recommends 2 serrano or 1 jalapeno), stemmed and roughly chopped (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup loosely packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients but salt in a blender or food processor. Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process to a coarse puree. Adjust salt and water to reach desired taste and consistency.
- Serve within 1 hour.