Orzo with Swiss Chard
Member submitted at the 2011 CSA potluck
- 1 cup orzo
- 10 stalks swiss chard
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in large pot of water, al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove stalks from swiss chard leaves. Slice stalks as you would celery.
- Heat olive oil in pan, then add garlic. Add swiss chard stalks and saute about 3-4 minutes. Chiffonade the chard leaves, then add to pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add cooked orzo and cook until broth is absorbed.
- Salt and pepper to taste either while swiss chard is cooking or at the end.