Roasted Bok Choy
We all love Bok Choy at Farmer Dave’s! We eat it raw fresh out of the fields as a refreshing crunchy snack during hot summer days. It’s satisfying, mild, and wonderfully healthy! One cup of bok choy contains only 9 calories! It’s a great source of Vitamin C, K, A and the B vitamins and it’s full of cancer fighting antioxidants.
Bok choy is best when eaten promptly but can be stored wrapped in plastic in your fridge for 2-3 days.
Try it in a stir fry, soups, or use it as a substitute for cabbage in your favorite coleslaw recipe. Here’s a great recipe for roasted bok choy, because really, roasting is a simple way to make every vegetable delicious.
- 1 head bok choy, (1 1/4 pounds), trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon mirin, (can substitute sherry or white wine with a pinch of sugar)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste