Karen’s Lentil Salad with Seared Asian Greens and Cilantro-Mint Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Karen, Farmstand Crew Member
Ingredients: (all quantities are flexible; this is a great recipe for using up the veggies you have on hand!):
– 8oz of lentils (cooked but still whole and firm)
– bok choy (substitute tatsoi, cabbage, or broccoli if desired), chopped
– red onion
– jalapeno or poblano peppers (optional, to taste)
– chopped pears (try it with apples, if you’d like!)
– salt and pepper
– Canola or peanut oil for searing the greens
– Cilantro-Mint Vinaigrette (see below for recipe)
Cilantro Mint Vinaigrette
(all quantities can be adjusted to taste)
Add fresh mint and cilantro (1 bunch of each) to a blender or food processor. Pulse with fresh ginger, salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/3 cup white wine vinegar or lime juice, 1/2 cup olive oil and 1 T. of sesame oil and blend until combined.
Heat a bit of oil in a very hot pan and sear bok choy until wilted. Remove and set aside. Add red onion, leeks, garlic and hot peppers to the pan. Lower the heat and cook until soft.
In a large mixing bowl, combine lentils, chopped pears, bok choy, and the onion mixture. Toss with cilantro mint vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate for several days.