Use whatever root vegetables that you have on hand for this versatile and delicious winter salad. Be sure to roast the beets separately for the most beautiful presentation. If you don’t care about the beets bleeding toss all of the vegetables in together to be roasted. -Ginger
- Any combination of beets, carrots, celeriac, potatoes, and other root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, wedges or shape that is appealing. Just make sure they are all a similar size.
- 2 naval oranges
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 bag of elegance mix, arugula or lettuce mix
- 5 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss root vegetables in olive oil and spread out in single layer on parchment lined baking sheet. Cook until tender. Cool until able to touch.
- Meanwhile, prepare oranges; Slice off both ends of each with a paring knife. Cut away the peel and white pith, following the curve of the fruit. Holding the fruit over a bowl, cut along membranes to release whole segments. Squeeze juice from membranes into another bowl, and add any accumulated juice from the segments.
- Add oil, vinegar, and mustard to orange juice; season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine. Add greens and toss to coat with dressing. Divide greens among four plates. Top with roasted vegetables, orange segments, and goat cheese. Serve immediately.