A Vietnamese Stir-fry
Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from “Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch” by Nigel Slater
Serves 2 as a side dish
- 1-2 bags baby bok choy, tatsoi, or elegance mix (or small cabbage leaves)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- a 1-inch piece of ginger, cut into match-sticks
- 6 scallions – trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (vegetarians can substitute soy sauce)
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan or wok. Toss the garlic, ginger and green onions in the oil until deep gold, verging on being lightly browned and fragrant.
- Drop the greens into the pan and toss with tongs until wilted.
- Add the fish sauce, toss with the greens, and serve.