Made by Anne B. for the 2014 CSA Member Appreciation Potluck
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds and season with pepper.
- Sandwich a slice of provolone and a slice of mortadella (tear to fit) between two rounds.
- Dip the sandwiches into an egg wash and then into a seasoned breadcrumbs/parmesan cheese mixture (equal parts). Press to adhere crumbs.
- Put on a greased parchment lined pan (the oil helps it brown)
- Drizzle oil over the tops.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes- flip them over halfway through. They are ready when golden and tender when pierced.