BBQ Pasta Salad
Made by Stacey R. for the 2014 CSA Member Appreciation Potluck
- 1 Box Whole Wheat pasta – ziti
- 1 Lg bunch or 2-3 small of scallions sliced
- 3 ears of sweet corn cut off the cob
- 2-3 summer squash – depending on size
- 2-3 zucchini – depending on size
- 1-2 cukes – depending on size
- Combo of three peppers (green/red/orange/yellow)
- 1 package of all-beef kielbasa – diced
- Dressing is a half and half mix of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing and black pepper to taste.
1) Cook pasta – make it slightly underdone (I took a minute off the cooking time)
2) Dice kielbasa and cook over med heat until brown.
3) While the above is cooking – cut the squashes, cukes and peppers into a medium dice (easy to eat) and put in a large bowl.
4) Add the scallions and corn.
5) When done, drain the pasta and add to the bowl along with the kielbasa and toss gently.
6) My dressing was made with Sweet Baby Rays – sweet and spicy BBQ sauce mixed with Ranch dressing – 1 cup each then black pepper to taste.
Use your favorite BBQ sauce. I toss the salad with about ½ of the dressing let it cool a bit then toss with the rest.
The hot pasta will absorb the dressing.
Sometimes I have to make a bit more dressing, you just have to eye it.