- 4 cups water
- 2 cups broccoli, cauliflower, or romanesco florets
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or cut into thin matchsticks
- about half a cup of all purpose flour
- 1.5 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced leek
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1. Place 4 cups water, broccoli, and carrots in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes; drain. Pat broccoli mixture dry with paper towels; finely chop. Place broccoli mixture and flour in a large bowl; stir to coat. Add cheese, salt, pepper, onions, and egg to broccoli mixture; stir to combine.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Spoon 1/4 cup broccoli mixture into a dry measuring cup. Pour mixture into pan; flatten slightly. Repeat procedure 7 times to form 8 fritters. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Combine yogurt and dill in a small bowl. Serve yogurt mixture with fritters.