For the Red Coconut Curry Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (look in the Asian section of your supermarket, or in Asian grocery stores)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside
For the Stir Fry:
- 1/2 a pound of buckwheat or rice noodles of your choice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups shrimp or cubed firm tofu
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bunch baby corn, husks and silks removed, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1 recipe Red Coconut Curry Sauce, recipe above
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside
- In a skillet with 1 teaspoon coconut oil, fry shrimp until just pink and opaque, or tofu until golden brown on all sides.
- In a large wok, saute onion in the remaining teaspoon of coconut oil until soft and translucent.
- Add bok choy, broccoli, and baby corn and 1 tablespoon of water to the wok, cover and steam a couple minutes, until veggies are just turning bright green.
- Uncover and add peppers, and mushrooms, and saute for another couple minutes, until mushrooms are softened.
- Lower heat to medium, add sauce, noodles, and shrimp or tofu, and mix and heat through.
- Top with cashews, scallions, and cilantro.