Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from Sunset
- 1 large head of romanesco (or broccoli or cauliflower) (about 1 1/2 pounds total) cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped capers
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans
- Put romanesco florets in a steamer basket and set in a large pot filled with 1/2 inch water. Steam over medium-high heat until tender-crisp, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cool water.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, orange zest, juice, capers, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat.