Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from Weight Watchers
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- one pinch to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 6 tbsp natural peanut butter (creamy)
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, stemmed, packed and chopped
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potato, carrots and garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add the ginger, cloves, salt and cayenne; cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer slowly, stirring intermittently, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Keep the heat low so that the peanut butter doesn’t separate.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.