Adapted by Farmer Dave’s from New Hampshire Public Radio
- 1/2 pound carrots, julienned or cut into match-like strips
- 1/2 pound daikon radish, julienned or cut into match-like strips
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix water, sugar and salt. Stir until sugar and salt completely dissolved.
- Add carrot and daikon strips into the bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to sterilized jars. Seal and refrigerate for at least overnight before consuming. It should last about 1 month in the refrigerator.