Shared and adapted from AllRecipes.com by CSA Member, Lori from Reading. She said, “I just made this recipe for dinner tonight (instead of the frozen spinach I used fresh, and I also put in chicken instead of the chick peas). It was very good. I served it over rice.” Thanks, Lori!
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 15oz can sweet peas, drained
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook, drain and chop spinach. (Ginger’s favorite method is to thoroughly wash the spinach and place in a loosely covered container. Microwave for 2 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before draining.)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, cumin, and curry powder, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the drained peas and mash well. Stir in garbanzo beans, spinach, yogurt, and chicken broth. Cook and stir until heated through, then season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.