By Farmer Dave’s. This is a great way to clean out your fridge of vegetables prior to the start of the main season vegetable shares. Easy to modify to use anything that you have on hand.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 6 small potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach or other green (tatsoi or broccoli rabe are good substitutes)
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions or chives
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere, feta or goat cheese all work well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil or butter in a medium oven proof skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are softened and beginning to brown. Add spinach, garlic, green onion and salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour over the vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle top with cheese. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are beginning to set around the edges.
- Remove cover and place in pre-heated oven with broiler set to low. Broil for 5 minutes until frittata has puffed and eggs are firm.