This is great on pasta, pizzas, sandwiches, and as a salad dressing when whisked with some white wine vinegar.
- 2 bunches garlic scapes, roughly chopped and flower heads discarded
- 1 large bunch arugula, roughly chopped and any tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts (substitute pine nuts or almonds if you don’t like the flavor of walnuts)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4+ cup olive oil (to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) In a food processor pulse garlic scapes, arugula and walnuts until chopped finely. Add parmesan cheese and pulse until combined.
2) While food processor is running, slowly add olive oil and lemon juice until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze.