Adapted by Marcia Dumaresq from Cooking.com
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch coins, then halved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups grated havarti cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, basil, onion, tomato, half of the prosciutto and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a medium sized casserole dish, then top with remaining prosciutto, then remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes. When cheese is bubbling and zucchini has softened, the casserole is done.
- Sprinkle with extra basil if desired and serve.